Paediatric First Aid Awareness Session Back
Paediatric First Aid Awareness Session
Dear Parents / Guardians,
We will be holding a paediatric first aid awareness session here at the nursery on Wednesday the 8th November 2017, it is a 3 hour session from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
We believe that this session will be extremely beneficial to all parents / guardians to help deal with any first aid emergencies that may arise.
The session will be hosted by Coates Training and will cover the following areas (listed below) along with any other concerns that you may bring up. If you do have a specific area that you would like to discuss you can request this at the start of the session.
- Dealing with choking in babies, young children and adults. Use of baby manikins.
- Resuscitation of young children, babies and adults. Use of baby, child, adult manikins.
- Demonstrate recovery position.
- Dealing with bleeding (internal and external) in babies and young children.
- Parents practice use of bandages.
- Dealing with cases of poisoning in babies and young children.
- Recognition and response to meningitis.
- Recognising and responding to the emergency needs of children with the following
Chronic medical condition; epilepsy / asthma / sickle cell / diabetes.
The session will cost £25 per person, this includes a course handbook, attendance certificates for learners and light refreshments.
Spaces are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis. From speaking to parents, we know that this is going to be popular therefore will be happy to hold further courses in the new year.
If you are interested please complete the reply slip, which collected from the office and return it with the £25.00 fee.
Ash House Nursery